River Wild Mountain High Adventure
Duration: 2 Days and 2 Nights
Deluxe Package Cost: $1485 Twin Share / $895 Single*
Bunk Package Cost: $575 Per Person*
*OFF PEAK SPECIAL RATE – MAY/SEPTEMBER ONLY*
Deluxe Package: $1385 Twin Share / $795 Single
Bunk Package: $565 Per Person
Season: 16th September to 31st May
* Please Note: We do have a minimum number of people required for the rafting trips to go ahead. If you are travelling solo we will try and fit you on a trip with other people. The minimum age for this package is 13 years – our Saddle & Paddle package is suitable for families with younger children. There is a weight limit of 100kg for horse riding.
In our experience, many of our customers would like to try a variety of the adventures that we offer. In particular, a rafting trip and a horse trek, and combine them with comfy accommodation, and all meals taken care of.
If this is you, a person who likes some indulgence with their adventure, then read on.
A Fun Two Day Activity and Adventure Holiday
This type of short holiday package is ideal for a weekend, or just a couple of fun filled days if you are travelling.
An Adventure Break away to recharge the soul, lift the spirits, have some fun, breath some fresh air, and have a chance to laugh and smile.
So what is involved with a River Wild, Mountain High Adventure?
We have mixed in some adventure, with good food and comfy accommodation.
- Arrive anytime after 3 pm on the first day, check in to your accommodation in one of our deluxe ensuite guest rooms, or a shared bunk room.
- Enjoy a delicious, home cooked, dinner in the lodge.
- On the second day, get up late, have breakfast in the main Lodge, we don’t want to get too carried away with the adventure stuff yet!
- That afternoon, explore the beautiful hill country of the Northern Rangitikei by horse back (half day trek or equivalent).
- Enjoy another dinner in the Lodge. All our food is made with free range, organic meat and fresh vegetables from our on-site gardens.
- On the third day, choose from either a half day Grade 5 rafting trip, or a relaxing float down the Scenic section of the Rangitikei River.
After the rafting trip, you can either head home refreshed and recharged, or stay an extra night (not included) and truly soak up the special ambiance of River Valley.
There are 2 different package options for our River Wild, Mountain High adventure.
The Deluxe Package includes…
What we Provide:
- All river gear
- All riding equipment
- Deluxe or bunk accommodation (see package options above)
- 2 x cooked or continental breakfast
- 2 x lunch
- 2 x dinner
What you need to Bring:
- Long pants
- Warm top on cooler days
- A camera suitable to be taken riding
- Swimming costume
A Few Final Things to Note
- Depending on weather conditions, activities may be swapped around.
- Our scenic rafting trip only runs between October-April.
- We run our rafting trips with a minimum number of people (3 pax for grade 5, 2 pax for the scenic). We will do our best to fit you in with other bookings if necessary, this may mean swapping the proposed itinerary around.
- The minimum age for this package is 13 years. Our Saddle and Paddle package is suitable for families with children aged 8-13.
- For all our horse treks we have a weight limit of 100KG.
Testimonials 'n Reviews
“Great lodge with amazing staff that are living the river guiding dream and happily share it with you (if you’re nice!) The horseback riding was great and the rafting was like nothing I’ve ever done before, must be done to be believed. We were the only people who stayed more than one night which I think is a mistake as there are two full days of amazing activities on offer and our third night was a relaxing treat.”
“Paula and I decided to come to River Valley because I wanted to do the white water rafting, and Paula wanted to do the horse-trekking, so we were looking for a place that we could both do what we wanted to on a Weekend Getaway. Our accommodation was in one of the comfy Garden rooms with our own showers and toilet… One thing we really noticed though, was how friendly all the staff were, and how they put us at ease both horse trekking and rafting. All the staff seemed to be so close. The food was really good too. When we recommend River Valley to our friends, we are going to tell them to go both rafting and horse trekking, it makes such a brilliant weekend, and is just such a good package. We simply rang up, an itinerary was emailed to us and we just went from there. We just had such a grand time here.”
READY FOR YOUR NEXT ADVENTURE?
Contact one of our friendly adventure consultants who would love to answer any questions you might have.