Fantail Canyon Overnight Rafting Trip
Duration: 2 Days / 2 Nights
Cost: $580 per adult/$430 per child
Season: 1st November to 31st March
Conditions: This trip requires a minimum of 3 adult fares to run. If you are a solo, please contact our reception on 0800 248666 or check our list of guaranteed departures, to join an existing trip.
A Fully Catered, Fun, Adventurous River Trip Suitable For All the Family
Are your children sitting infront of the computer or television again?
Time to get them outdoors – come rain or shine, kids will always love a bit of outdoor adventure. Introduce them to the Fantail Canyon Overnight Rafting Trip. A rafting trip that can get them learning from the real world rather than the box!
Why Fantail Canyon is for You
This river trip explores the beautiful canyons of the Rangitikei River downstream of River Valley Lodge. With several short hikes to spectacular waterfalls, safe swimming holes and beautiful campsites, this is a fun and comfortable trip for all the family.
Make sure to bring a fishing rod and licence (not supplied) for the resident trout.
A great place to relax, have fun, and find some peace.
Suitable for children 5 years and up.
What is Included?
- All camping and river gear with the exception of sleeping bags
- All Food – 2 breakfasts, 2 lunches, 2 dinners
- Two fantastic days on the river
- Free bunk room accommodation at River Valley Lodge the night prior to departure
- Transport associated with the activity
What Happens When You Book?
When you book, a “What to bring list” will be sent to you.
Click on the Booking Link on this page to check availability and to Book your trip. Custom dates are possible if no published dates suit your schedule. Please make an enquiry with one of our Adventure Consultants by phone or email if this is the case.
Alternatively Search for other suitable rafting trips here
What we Provide:
- Wetsuit or fleece lined paddle pants, helmet, lifejacket, neoprene booties, fleece top, paddle jacket, and on cooler days, neoprene socks.
- Tents, sleeping pads (please note we do not provide sleeping bags)
- One night in a River Valley Lodge bunkroom is provided free before the trip departs. You may upgrade this accommodation for an extra tariff.
- Meals provided – 2 x Cooked Breakfast, 2 x Lunch, 1 x on river Dinner. Dinner on the night before departure is included at River Valley Lodge
What you need to Bring:
Swimwear and towel
A complete gear list will be sent to you on Booking
There are Payment Options for this Adventure
Testimonials & Reviews
“This suits anyone who likes a wilderness experience. Fun rapids, scenic and not as tiring as other trips. The days aren’t too long, food is excellent, the quality of accommodation is exceptional. We’ll definitely be back.”
Tony & Steve
“Couldn’t believe the stunning scenery on the way in to the lodge. The river is incredible with breathtaking beauty around each bend. Thrilling ride and our experienced guide Derek made sure everyone was catered for in terms of thrill level. Great memories for my family and I. Wish we could have hung around longer”