Saddle & Paddle Family Adventure
Duration: 2 Days and 2 Nights
Cost: $725 per person twin share. Single supplement (traveling as a single and wanting your own room) an extra $50 per night
Children 12 and Under $410
Season: 1st October to 30th April
In our experience, many of our customers would like to try a variety of the adventures that we offer. In particular, a rafting trip and a horse trek, and combine them with comfy accommodation, and all meals taken care of.
If this is you, a person who likes some indulgence with their adventure, then read on.
A Fun Two Day Family Activity and Adventure Holiday
This type of short holiday package is ideal for a weekend, or just a couple of fun filled days if you are travelling and suits all ages.
An Adventure Break away to recharge the soul, lift the spirits, have some fun, breath some fresh air, and have a chance to laugh and smile, and with no mobile phone service the kids are not in front of a screen or their xbox half the day
So what is involved with a Saddle and Paddle Family Adventure?
We have mixed in some adventure, with a combination of good home grown organic food, local wines, organic coffee and comfy warm accommodation.
- Arrive any time after 3 pm on the first day, with accommodation in one of our deluxe guest rooms. Enjoy a rustic 2-course dinner, paired perhaps with one of our New Zealand beers or wines.
- On the second day, get up late, breakfast included in the main Lodge – we don’t want to get too carried away with the adventure stuff just yet!
- That afternoon explore the beautiful hill country of the northern Rangitikei by horseback on a half day trek, followed by dinner in the lodge again this night.
- Third day, a relaxing float down the Scenic section of the Rangitikei River with lunch supplied river side.
Depending on weather conditions, activities may be swapped around.
What we Provide:
- All river gear
- All riding equipment
- Deluxe guest room accommodation (share twin)
- 2 x 2 course dinner, 2 x cooked or continental breakfast, 1 x Rafters/Trekkers lunch.
What you need to Bring:
Long pants, warm top on cooler days, sunscreen, a camera suitable to be taken riding, swimming costume.
Once you arrive at River Valley Lodge you don’t have to worry about a thing, just enjoy the adventure and beautiful surrounding’s.
“The horse trek was beautiful. The scenery was beautiful. Weather was great. It’s just very relaxing. It’s very nice. The white water rafting as fantastic, I was a little nervous about it because we’ve never done that before…………………
If someone was interested in coming to New Zealand, I would definitely recommend River Valley. That would be one of the first things I would say – You got to stop by River Valley.”
Fort Worth, Texas, USA
“The total sense of isolation and wilderness that began within 10 minutes of launching the rafts and lasted until we saw some fishermen an hour before reaching the take-out site. This was exactly what we had been looking for when researching a rafting experience for our family.
Although we were only away for two days we felt we had been on a big adventure, and at times it felt like we were exploring uncharted territory”
Peter Ennis for the Jones and Ennis families – Cambridge NZ, and the UK
READY FOR YOUR NEXT ADVENTURE?
Contact one of our friendly adventure consultants who would love to answer any questions you might have.