River Valley Welcomes you to ‘A Taste of the Rangitikei’
Saturday 13th March 2021 at River Valley Lodge
A Taste of the Rangitikei is all about showcasing and celebrating locally grown, produced and made food and products, from the Rangitikei and surrounding areas.
Join us for a day of fun, food, and music, in a beautiful setting by the Rangitikei river!
The Main Event
Throughout the day, from 10AM-4PM, there will be:
- Live music by the river, from local musicians
- A farmers market, selling locally made or produced products
- Workshops – cooking and regenerative gardening
- Wine & beer tastings
- Pony rides for the kids
- A delicious home cooked Farm-To-Table dinner at the end of the day (see below)
General admission is free!
The Taste VIP Package
At the end of the day we will be showcasing some of the Rangitikei’s best paddock to plate food offerings, and we are offering a ‘VIP package’ which includes:
- A 3 course dinner made with fresh local produce (including produce from the River Valley Farm), paired with locally produced wine
- Deluxe ensuite accommodation at the lodge
- Breakfast the next morning
The package costs $350 for 2 people (double or twin share room) or $265 for a single person.
OR, you can just join us for dinner and a drink for $65 per person.
Bookings are essential. To book your VIP package or dinner please email email@example.com or call us on +64 6 3881444.
River Valley Lodge is a unique venue, located 30KM from Taihape, and nestled right beside the Rangitikei River.
Explore the Rangitikei by trying a rafting or horse trekking adventure. The Rangitikei river offers some of the best rafting in New Zealand, right outside the lodge. Our grade 5 white water rafting trip was recently voted in the top 8 white water rafting trips in the world by Red Bull, and we also run scenic rafting trips and multi-day river holidays which are great for families.
A horse trek at River Valley Stables, is a great way to explore beautiful back country Rangitikei. All our horses are trained using natural horsemanship techniques and ridden bit-less and barefoot. We have short horse treks and also multi-day riding holidays for more experienced riders.
Book your accommodation or adventure by getting in touch with one of our friendly adventure consultants – firstname.lastname@example.org or +64 6 3881444
Information for Stallholders & Musicians
Interested in being part of the event?
We are on the lookout for new stallholders from the Rangitikei or neighbouring areas. We are a relatively small venue, so stall numbers will be limited. We are also looking for local musicians who would like to play throughout the day. If you would like to take part in the event please get in touch by emailing email@example.com.
Application criteria & selection process
As we have limited space, and want to showcase a variety of the best local producers, we have a few requirements for stall holders and cannot guarantee we can accept all applications:
- Vendors must be the principle producers or directly involved in the production process.
- The produce sold should either be grown, sourced or produced in the local area. We have defined the local area primarily as the Rangitikei, but will also accept applications from neighbouring areas like Ruapehu or the Manawatu-Whanganui region.
Fees & Setup
- Stalls fees are $40 per stall.
- Stall holders need to provide their own setup (tables, signage etc.)
- We do not have any powered sites available
- Please make sure you have read our terms & conditions