Find Your Next Adventure by Searching Below
Follow River Valley Online @
Sign up Now!
Join our mailing list to be kept informed about our Rafting and Horse Trekking Adventures
River Valley Booking Terms and Conditions
RIVER VALLEY VENTURES LTD
BOOKING TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Outdoor adventures, by their nature, are inherently dangerous sports. Although River Valley Ventures Ltd (hereafter called River Valley), will take every precaution to ensure your safety and enjoyment, please be aware that accidents can happen. Because much of our outdoor experiences either take place in remote locations, can be disrupted by weather, or there is a chance of injury, there is always the possibility of a disruption of travel plans. These Terms and Conditions limit River Valley's liability, and define your rights and obligations. Please read them carefully.
How to book:
1. You can reserve your trip by contacting River Valley directly at the address or phone number indicated on this site, or you can book a trip through the online secure reservation system. River Valley will confirm your reservation by either issuing a reference number, or contacting you direct, which indicates our acceptance of your reservation.
2. At the time of reserving your trip, either a deposit of 30% or the full amount - whichever is the lesser - will be required. Deposits are per person except for Deluxe Guest Room or Deluxe Guest Room Packages which are per room. Balances are due within 30 days of trip departure, or accommodation reservation. If the balance is not paid within the due time, River Valley reserves the right to cancel your booking without further notice to you. Bookings made within 30-days of the departure date must be paid in full at the time of the booking. Payment can be made:
If you require special arrangements, please contact River Valley direct. Any special payment arrangements must be approved by River Valley in advance.
- By our secure on-line booking facility
- By phoning River Valley with your Credit Card details
- Credit cards incur no additional charges from us, but may have foreign exchange charges added by Banks.
3. If you find it necessary to cancel your trip, please notify us as soon as possible. The cancellation fee after you’ve made your deposit can range up to the entire trip cost, based upon the number of days prior to your trip that we receive your cancellation notice. We regret we cannot make exceptions for personal emergencies.
Cancellation by client:
4. The following time frames govern River Valley's obligation to refund any payments made by you for your trip or accommodation reservation:
a/. More than 30-days prior to departure -Deposit not refunded - All other payments refunded.
b/. Less than 30-days prior to departure - Deposit not refunded - 50% Balance of payments not refunded
c/. Less than 14 days prior to departure - Deposit not refunded -Balance of payments not refunded
5. If you cancel your booking less than 30-days prior to departure, you may, at your own expense, try to sell the booking yourself. In such a situation, River Valley will accept a transfer of your reservation subject to the following additional conditions:
- you must notify River Valley no later than 21-days prior to the departure date of the transfer of your reservation if for a multi day trip, or 7 days in the case of a single day trip or accommodation booking
- the transferee must accept these Terms and Conditions;
- you remain responsible for any outstanding payment obligations;
- you are responsible for any additional payments that must be incurred by River Valley as a result of the transfer of your reservation;
- the transferee is responsible for making any other arrangements necessary for their participation in the trip, including, but not limited to, obtaining any necessary travel authorizations or visas;
- under no circumstances will River Valley be responsible for any problems caused as a result of the transfer of your reservation, including, but not limited to, disruptions in travel, payment arrangements made between you and the transferee, failure of transferee to obtain any necessary travel documents.
Alteration by River Valley:
6. River Valley makes arrangements for some trips months in advance. As a result, River Valley must reserve the right to make alterations to the trip, both before and after booking (and in some cases, while actually on the trip). Most of these changes will be minor, and, in all cases, you will be advised at the earliest opportunity. If a significant change occurs, you will have the choice of either accepting the change, purchasing another trip from River Valley (if this involves a difference in price, you are responsible to pay any increase and River Valley will refund any decrease), or canceling your trip and receiving a full refund.
If a minor change occurs within 60-days of the departure date and results in additional expenses to you, River Valley will compensate you for any such reasonable expenses up to $80NZ per person. To claim such compensation, you must submit to River Valley receipts for such expenses within 14-days of the conclusion of your trip. No refunds or compensation will be payable for minor changes, and no claim for compensation or expenses will be accepted.
7. Sometimes changes to the trip may be caused by forces completely beyond River Valley's control. River Valley does not accept responsibility for delays or cancellations caused by war, riot, civil strife, industrial dispute, terrorist activity, natural or nuclear disaster, fire, technical problems with transport, closure or congestion of airports or ports, adverse weather conditions, acts of God, and similar events beyond River Valley's control.
Cancellation by River Valley:
8. We reserve the right to cancel your trip under any circumstances. However, in no cases will we cancel a trip less than 14-days prior to departure except for reasons outside our control, including, but not limited to, reasons such as those described in paragraph 7 above, your failure to pay all amounts due as detailed in these Terms and Conditions, or any other failure by you to comply with these Terms and Conditions.
River Valley further reserves the right to cancel any trip within 14-days of the departure date for a multi day trip, or 7 days in the case of a single day trip, if an insufficient number of people have booked your chosen trip, or if cancellations by other participants cannot be re-booked, thereby causing an insufficient number of people on the trip.
Where we are forced to cancel a trip, except in the case of failure to pay all amounts owed, you may choose to accept a full refund, or transfer your reservation to another trip or product offered by River Valley.
In the event you choose to participate in another trip, you will be required to pay any difference in purchase price (if the amount of the second trip is greater than the first) or River Valley will refund any difference in price (if the cost of the second trip is less). All other Terms and Conditions will remain the same with regard to a new trip reservation. In very unusual situations, River Valley may be forced to cancel a trip after the departure date for reasons beyond our control as detailed in paragraph 7 above. In such situations, there can unfortunately be no refunds or compensation of any amount.
9. The prices of trips are subject to change. As a condition of your reservation, you agree to pay any change in the cost of the trip that is beyond River Valley's control, up to 10% of the original price quoted to you. Any increase in the cost of a trip beyond 10% of the original price quoted to you will constitute a "substantial change" in the terms of the trip, thereby entitling you to those rights detailed in paragraph 6 above.
If you choose to continue with the trip booked, you will be responsible for the increase in cost. Any such increase in cost payable by you must be paid within 14-days of notification to you of the increase, but in no event less than 10-days prior to the departure date. Examples of increased costs, beyond the control of River Valley includes, but is not limited to, currency devaluation's, increased cost of third party providers of services such as transportation, and taxes.
10. River Valley takes every precaution to ensure the safety of all participants. However, by undertaking a trip with River Valley, you are assuming the risk of any injury, including death. To help in minimizing the risks to all involved, you are required to follow all instructions of River Valley employees and agents. Failure to follow any instructions or recommendations is at your own risk. River Valley, its employees and agents cannot be held responsible for any injury caused to you, or by you to others, resulting from your failure to follow an instruction(s) or recommendation(s).
If your failure to follow any instruction(s) or recommendation(s) causes an increase in risk, or threatens the safety and enjoyment of others on the trip, River Valley reserves the right to take all reasonable steps to ensure the safety of the other participants, up to and including, immediate termination of your participation in the trip.
11. The activities you will be engaged in do often require a reasonable level of physical fitness and agility. River Valley reserves the right to reject your booking if your physical condition poses a potential threat to the safety of your self or other participants. If you have already booked a trip and are subsequently unable to participate because of your physical condition, any change or cancellation to your trip is subject to the provisions otherwise detailed in these Terms and Conditions.
Your failure to clear your ability to participate in the trip with River Valley, as detailed herein, and our subsequent determination that your condition poses a significant safety risk, shall not constitute a "substantial change" as defined in paragraph 6. If you require medications, you should ensure you take enough with you to last the trip. Any medication you take with you is your responsibility. In saying this, under most circumstances, if you are of an adventurous spirit and in reasonably good health, you should have no problem enjoying a River Valley trip.
Note: Liability Waiver
Everyone is required to sign a standard release before any of River Valley’s adventure activities, acknowledging awareness that some risks are associated with the trip. However, due to the nature of the activities, a condition of your participation is that you will be required to sign this form before the commencement of the activity.
12. Your reservation of a trip with River Valley does not include insurance of any type. All types of insurance are your responsibility.. All participants are encouraged to obtain appropriate insurance for your personal belongings, trip interruption, medical and legal expenses, and personal liability as you deem necessary. Although we will take all steps to help you if you get into a difficult situation, River Valley cannot be held responsible for your failure to secure appropriate insurance.
13. WARNING: Under New Zealand law it is extremely unlikely that you will be able to sue anyone if you are injured. In addition, New Zealand's accident compensation scheme provides only limited assistance to visitors to New Zealand who are injured. We strongly recommend that all visitors to New Zealand have full insurance covering any injury they might suffer, including medical treatment cover, before undertaking any River Valley activity.
EXCLUSIONS: To the extent permitted by law, all our liability for damage to your property, disruption to travel plans, or mental injury is excluded. This exclusion is subject to any rights or remedies you may have under the Consumer Guarantees Act 1993.
14. River Valley will not be responsible for any loss, delay or costs connected with adverse weather conditions.
15. When you utilize other transportation, not under the direction or control of River Valley, the terms and conditions of carriage of that carrier shall apply, some of which will limit or exclude liability. Some conditions of carriage are governed by international agreements between countries.
Photographs and Handycam/DVD images.
16. You grant to River Valley, its representatives and employees the right to take photographs and images of you and your property in connection with River Valley’s adventure holidays. You authorize River Valley, its assigns and transferees to copyright, use and publish the same in print or promotional DVDs and/or electronically. You agree that River Valley may use such photographs and images of you without your name and for any lawful purpose, including for example such purposes as publicity, illustration, advertising, and Web content.
Disputes with River Valley:
17. By making the reservation for a trip with River Valley, you agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions.
18. These Terms and Conditions and any contract to which they apply are governed in all respects by New Zealand Law and they shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of New Zealand.
19. If any part of these Terms and Conditions is determined by a court to be unenforceable, the remainder of the Terms and Conditions shall be unaffected and shall continue in full force and effect.
Storage of Personal and Financial Information
Due to the nature of our product, it is necessary to collect and store a certain amount of personal and financial information in order to complete your online reservation. By using our online reservation system, you consent to the storage of this information for a period of time deemed appropriate by River Valley Ventures Ltd.
Personal information includes, but is not limited to, your first name, last name, phone number, email address and billing address. Financial information includes, but is not limited to, your card account number, card expiration date and cardholder name. River Valley Ventures Ltd. is a PCI Compliant company.
River Valley sends out periodic e-newsletters and occasionally area or activity specific news that we think you'll want to hear about, but you can count on us to NEVER sell or share your email address with any third party company and you can unsubscribe at any time. Additionally, all address, personal and financial information is strictly protected.